My Favorite Thing - by Morgan Thompson
When I think of my list of favorite Brightspace features, I’m immediately drawn to the possibilities for enhancing student feedback. Providing digital feedback isn't just tech-savvy; it's a game-changer for accessibility, ensuring students can easily access and benefit from personalized guidance.
Brightspace rubrics shifted my feedback routine to incorporate images, audio, and videos, which increased student accessibility and engagement. Instead of just suggesting a student refer back to a particular content video or resource as feedback, I love the ability to link it directly in the rubric.
This is all made possible through “Insert Stuff” and “Other Insert Options” within the criterion level descriptions and initial feedback. With these buttons, users can insert images (including Bitmojis!), insert existing audio/video content from the Media Library, or even link back to Assignments, Content, and more.
(Insert Stuff) (Other Insert Options)
Brightspace rubrics shifted my feedback routine to incorporate images, audio, and videos, which increased student accessibility and engagement. Instead of just suggesting a student refer back to a particular content video or resource as feedback, I love the ability to link it directly in the rubric.
This is all made possible through “Insert Stuff” and “Other Insert Options” within the criterion level descriptions and initial feedback. With these buttons, users can insert images (including Bitmojis!), insert existing audio/video content from the Media Library, or even link back to Assignments, Content, and more.
(Insert Stuff) (Other Insert Options)
In my experience, students had a much better understanding of the alignment between assignment expectations and their achieved criterion level through this shift to more dynamic feedback. This is especially true for regularly used rubrics like CER writing.
I really encourage you to give Brightspace rubrics a try! For more detailed information on creating and enhancing rubrics in Brightspace, visit Teacher Intro to Digital Tools ➡ Brightspace ➡ Grades & Feedback ➡ Rubrics.
I really encourage you to give Brightspace rubrics a try! For more detailed information on creating and enhancing rubrics in Brightspace, visit Teacher Intro to Digital Tools ➡ Brightspace ➡ Grades & Feedback ➡ Rubrics.
