Meet the Team!

Have you ever wondered who you were emailing when you sent an email to that OIT@aacps.org email? Who's on the other end of brightspacesupport@aacps.org?  Well, here's your answer! Read on to learn more about each member of the Office of Instructional Technology. 

Stephanie Kelly

    
                                         

Stephanie Kelly, Senior Manager of Instructional Technology

My career with AACPS began in 2002 as a teacher then Instructional Technology Specialist in 2006 and then was promoted to Senior Manager. Previously, I have taught every grade K-6 and a few high school technology classes. I am married and have 3 daughters and a grandchild. I enjoy hiking,experiencing new adventures and learning new things.

Tracey & family
Tracey Brown, Middle School Teacher Specialist

I have been with OIT for 9.5 years as the middle school specialist. Before that I was an Education Consultant for SMART Technologies and taught 7th and 8th grade science in Calvert County. I live in Arnold with my husband and son. In my free time, I love to sew, primarily making quilts for friends and loved ones.

Kerri and Family at Disney


Kerri Lambert, Elementary Teacher Specialist

After 10.5 years of teaching 3rd, 4th, and 5th grades in AACPS, I joined OIT in August of 2013 as an elementary teacher specialist. My husband and I live in Pasadena with our two boys just a few short blocks from where I grew up. In my free time, I enjoy crafting with my Cricut, Lego building, reading and planning our next family Disney trip. 

Patrick & Daisy
Patrick Malone, Online Campus Teacher Specialist

I have been with OIT as the Online Campus Specialist since January of 2014. Prior to that I was a Social Studies teacher at Northeast High School. I live in Crofton with my wife, daughter, and an assortment of animals. I am an avid BBQ enthusiast and really know my way around the kitchen. I also have a passion for coaching Track and Field, I currently coach the Throws and Jumps at Crofton High School.

Koralina on a sailboat
Koralina McKenna, High School Teacher Specialist 

In April 2022 I joined OIT as a teacher specialist; primarily supporting our High Schools. Before joining OIT I was a teaching DC at Brooklyn Park MS and spent 5 years teaching science at Marley MS. Last year, I taught several hybrid science classes. It was an exciting year that pushed my infusion of instructional technology into new territory when I introduced Minecraft and instructional robots as project options. I hope to work with more teachers to create tech enhanced project options for their students! Prior to teaching, I taught sailing STEM camps for teachers and students and several science of sailing classes for our STEM high schools. I live in Annapolis with my spouse and 8 year old Cavalier King Charles. I am a water baby through and through; I spend most of my time sailing, boating and training for various feats of fitness.



Paige Richardson, Materials of Instruction (MOI) Technician

I have been working with OIT since 2018 as the Materials of Instruction Specialist. Before coming into this position I was the store manager at Sperry in downtown Annapolis while also waiting tables. I still work part time at West End Grill waiting tables. In my free time I enjoy spending time at home with my two kittens or at the beach in Ocean City with my boyfriend and family.

Morgan Thompson

Morgan Thompson, LMS Teacher Specialist

New to the Office of Instructional Technology as of March 2023, I am excited to work with teachers to create engaging learning experiences in Brightspace. Before joining OIT, I was a School Performance Coach at Annapolis Middle School with prior experience as a middle school math teachers and special educator. I spend most of my free time going on adventures with my two young boys and enjoy getting outside as much as possible!

Darren & Family
Darren Towers, LMS Specialist

I am the the Brightspace LMS Specialist/Admin for AACPS OIT. Before that, I was a classroom teacher, Title I Math Teacher, and Behavior Specialist at Hilltop Elementary for fifteen years. I also taught elementary school near Jamestown, New York, where I grew up, and Madison, Wisconsin. I live in Cape St. Claire, MD where I spent time watching my two children swim and play soccer. I also enjoy woodworking, hiking and running.

Samantha & Dolly
Samantha Wilkinson, Elementary Teacher Specialist

Hi! I’m Sam. I joined the OIT crew in July 2022 and am really enjoying the new role which allows me to work with teachers and administrators on the apps and technologies I loved using in the classroom. For eleven years before this position, I was a 3rd grade teacher at Cape St. Claire Elementary. I live in Crofton with my husband. We enjoy true crime thrillers, food trucks, board games, and vacationing.


Need to know who to contact? Click here to see the specific teacher specialist assignments

Popular Posts

Book Studies in Brightspace

Computational Thinking: Its really not that scary!

Who to Follow on Social Media